rchitectural Concepts Group is a full service architectural design company
located in Frederick County, MD. ACG has been providing
quality design services to greater Washington DC area businesses and
residents for more than twenty-five years.
ACG President Alan Clapp was vice president in charge of construction,
document preparation and project supervision for a mid-sized architectural/
engineering firm prior to founding Architectural Concepts Group in 1981.
His primary goal in forming ACG was to create a flexible, deliberately small
design group capable of handling a wide and challenging range of project
types. Mr. Clapp’s personal preference has always been to follow his
designs from inception to construction completion, so ACG utilizes a team
approach that allows clients to work directly with their licensed architect
throughout the full life of the project. An ACG building must perform
aesthetically, functionally and affordably to be considered a successful
Not having to specialize to support a larger agency structure allows ACG to
take on projects as diverse as custom homes, medical offices, fire halls,
house additions, libraries, restaurants and flex retail/warehouse spaces,
keeping each new design fresh and the finished project inventive and
ACG architects are LEED Certified for green building by the US
GBCI, and maintain Architect registrations and licensing in
Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, West Virginia,
Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Ohio.
The firm offers the following professional services:
• Accurate field measurement of Existing Conditions using state of the
art laser measurement techniques.
• Code Analysis – zoning and building code analysis in accordance with
appropriate area jurisdictions.
• Safety and Accessibility Analysis
• Master Planning
• Provision of site plans, floor plans and elevations in most recent
AutoCAD release for prints or electronic transmission.
• In-house printing of full size blueprints, vellums or bond copies
• In-house 3 Dimensional or hand drawn site and structure renderings
• In-house Interior Design Services
• Preparation of plans, specifications, detail and notes as required to
secure necessary permits
• Cost estimation, bid preparation and evaluation assistance
• Project and Construction Administration and Inspection
In House resources include:
• Drawings created and modified with Autodesk AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.
Import / export through latest release.
• Drawing presentation via In-House color plotting up to ANSI size F
• Printing and Plotting of Blueprints and Vellums
• Presentations in Microsoft Power Point
• Drawings Exported to Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files for viewing
and printing from any PC
• Compact Disk and DVD format presentational materials
• Realistic color renderings utilizing Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Viz.
Concepts Group, INC.
Concepts Group, INC.